Last week, I spoke about how introducing juices to your daily routine can significantly impact your health.
This week’s blog will go a little deeper into how you can maximize juicing with a greater understanding of fruit and vegetables.
You have heard me say, “Just change one thing in your life and see what an almighty positive effect it can have.”
Not just in the way you feel but also in how you look!!!!
We all know that unhealthy habits such as a poor diet and no activity contribute to many health issues.
The great news is YOU can do something about it just by juicing!
- Juicing nourishes the body.
- Assists with preventing unhealthy cravings and overeating – WIN!
- It is a quick, full meal ensuring you are getting your daily fruit and veg intake that sometimes we miss out on with our busy lifestyles.
- Assists in eliminating underlining health issues.
The 80/20 Rule
As a guide juicing should be made up of 80% vegetables and 20% fruit.
This is because fruit contains higher levels of natural sugars (fructose) than vegetables.
If you are looking for a little sweetness, try using vegetables such as carrots, beets, and sweet potatoes if you have used up your 20%.
11 Low Sugar Fruits
When it comes it fruits, remember everything is in moderation, as not all fruits are equal. Listed are a few to get you started:
- Lemons/Limes (1g) High in vitamin C, a great addition to your juice
- Raspberries (5g) Rich in antioxidants.
- Strawberries (7g) Are surprisingly low in sugar as they taste so sweet.
- Blackberries (7g) High in antioxidants – a go too.
- Kiwi (6g) Rich in vitamin C available all year round.
- Grapefruit (9g) High in nutrition, great for weight loss.
- Avocado (1g) the grandbaby, full of so much goodness.
- Watermelon (under10g) Great source of iron, 95% water.
- Cantaloupe (13g) High in vitamin A.
- Oranges (12g) Full of vitamin C and a great addition.
- Peaches (less than 13g) Incredibly sweet, yet low in sugar.
With all my juices, I add Kangen Water (9.5pH) to add extra minerals and goodness.
Next week I will touch on the almighty Green Juice. Green juices have their own blog, full of more information to help you maximize your health and overall wellbeing.
So what’s next for you? It’s time to get moving to greatness with just one juice a day, and you will be so happy and excited you did with all the changes juices bring.
For more information, please reach out by message or phone any time.